Mount Vernon Gourmet Virginia Peanuts
Peanuts were a staple of the colonial diet. In the historical archives at Mount Vernon, there is a letter dated 1798 from George Washington to his buying agent in which he ordered “Pindars”, another word for peanuts. “Half a bushl. or bushel of the Ground Pease, or Pindars as they are called…”
Virginian peanuts -known for their large size and crunchy texture- have been referred to as the “peanut of the gourmet”. These Virginia grown peanuts are cooked in pure peanut oil to keep them cholesterol-free and enhance the natural peanut taste.
Choose from a variety of flavors
- Salted Peanuts - Classically roasted in peanut oil and salt, for a traditional savory snack.
- Honey Roasted Peanuts - Cooked and coated with sugar, honey, and salt, for an addictively sweet & salty taste.
- Peanut Brittle Crunch - An old fashioned confectionary treat, where roasted kernels are drenched in a buttery sugar coating which hardens to make a brittle and crunchy candy.
- Chocolate Covered Peanuts - Peanuts individually coated in milk chocolate; an easy sweet treat that works great in mixing your own trail mix.
- Classic Cajun - Southern Cuisine inspired, and coated with a mix of chili, garlic, and onion powder for a flavorful and savory taste.
U.S.A. grown and packed peanuts from FERIDIES® in southeastern Virginia.
No additives and no preservatives - for prolonged freshness, please refrigerate upon opening.