Martha Washington Heart Lapel - 21636
Martha Washington Heart Lapel Pin is a faithful replica of a pin which is believed to have been given by Mrs. Washington to her husband as a token of her affection. The Maryland Masonic Museum, who commissioned this reproduction, purports that according to family tradition, George Washington was wearing the pin at the laying of the cornerstone of the Capital in 1793. The original pin passed through the family until 1897 when it was presented to the Maryland Masonic Museum.
The open heart lapel pin with clutch closure is approximately ¾" x ¾". The vermeil and enamel pin is handmade in America.