George Washington on Horseback by Rembrandt Peale Framed Print: Large Edition
Rembrandt Peale marketed himself as the last living artist to have painted George Washington from life. In 1795, Washington sat for the artist, the 16-year-old son of Charles Willson Peale, in Philadelphia during the last years of the presidency. Later in life, Rembrandt painted numerous portraits of Washington including a large portrait of Washington on horseback intended for the rotunda of the United States Capitol. This 1830 painting may have been an early experiment for the capitol painting.
- Museum-quality giclée reproduction printed on heavy cotton canvas with archival pigment inks and semi-matte UV coating
- Hand-crafted stretched canvas print with Academie black and gold frame measures 30" x 42"
- Next-Day and 2nd-Day express delivery services are not available for this product.
- Please allow 2 - 4 weeks for delivery.
- A shipping charge of $75.00 will be added to your order at checkout.
- Local pick up is not available for this product.
- We are unable to ship this item to an APO or FPO address.