George Washington's Dove of Peace Lapel Pin
George Washington commissioned a dove of peace weathervane which was placed atop the cupola at Mount Vernon in 1787. That original weathervane is now on display in the "At Home with the Washingtons" gallery in the Donald W. Reynolds Museum and Education Center at Mount Vernon. The three-dimensional sculptured enamel gold colored dove holds a dark green olive branch.
This lapel pin is 1 ½" wide and 1" high and has a metal clutch clasp back.