Mount Vernon was George Washington’s home from 1754 until his death in 1799. The mansion was originally constructed in 1735 by Washington’s father, Augustine, and later expanded by Washington himself. The most striking architectural feature of the mansion is the two-story columned piazza, running the entire length of the house on the east side. With its spectacular view of the Potomac River and the Maryland shore beyond, the piazza was a center of social activity for family and guests.
Mount Vernon’s Gallery of Art ornament is an image of artist G. F. Gilman’s original 1878 print of the piazza view of Mount Vernon in an antiqued gold resin frame.
The ornament is 2” x 2 ½”. Includes red ribbon for hanging.