The Martha Washington Heart is a faithful replica of a pin which is believed to have been given by Mrs. Washington to her husband as a token of her affection. The Maryland Masonic Museum, who commissioned this reproduction, purports that according to family tradition, George Washington was wearing the pin at the laying of the cornerstone of the Capital in 1793. The original pin passed through the family until 1897 when it was presented to the Maryland Masonic Museum. The ¾” x ¾” vermeil and enamel heart is handmade in America. This diminutive open heart brooch has a hinged closure. The open heart lapel pin has a clutch closure.
Necklace chain is not included with this diminutive heart pendant.