Handmade Historic Wood Chestnut Oak Bowl No. 004
The wood sourced for this piece dates to the 1780s. Before falling during a severe thunderstorm on July 6, 2020, this tree was a witness of history on the Mount Vernon estate.
This unique oblong-shaped bowl features a natural raw edge, prominent striations and graining of various wood tones. Expertly created in Lanexa, Virginia by master woodcrafter, Doug Dill.
- Size is approximately 9” x 10”
- Sides ranging from 3” x 4 1/2” in height
- Base is 4 1/2” wide
- Signed and numbered by the artist and accompanied by a certificate signed by the Regent of the Mount Vernon Ladies' Association
- Note that there are no discounts available for this item
- To protect the integrity of the pieces in our collection, these historic wood pieces cannot be returned or exchanged
- Not suitable for use with water
- Handmade in the USA