George Washington Lansdowne Portrait Framed Print: Medium Edition
The Lansdowne portrait of George Washington by Gilbert Stuart, completed in 1796, shows Washington at age 64 renouncing a third term as U.S. President. The original 8' x 5' painting is displayed in the National Portrait Gallery of the Smithsonian Institution. Replicas painted by Stuart are on display in the East Room of the White House, the Old State House in Hartford, Connecticut and the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts Museum.
The Stuart iconic portrait, bought by the U.S. government, was rescued from the White House during the War of 1812 just before British soldiers captured the mansion. First Lady Dolley Madison wrote about saving Washington's portrait and is often credited with the rescue.
This museum-quality giclée reproduction is printed on heavy cotton canvas with archival pigment inks and a semi-matte UV coating. The hand-crafted stretched canvas print with black and gold frame measures approximately 20" x 28".
- Next-Day and 2nd-Day express delivery services are not available for this product.
- Please allow 2 - 4 weeks for delivery.
- A shipping charge of $75.00 will be added to your order at checkout.
- Local pick up is not available for this product.
- We are unable to ship this item to an APO or FPO address.