Historic Wood Letter Opener
This custom hand-turned letter opener was created by Doug Dill, master wood crafter in Lanexa, Virginia. Wood for the handle was sourced from a red oak tree, circa 1798, a recently fallen tree that once stood over Slave Memorial at Mount Vernon. The Slave Memorial was designed by students attending the architectural school at Howard University. It was dedicated and opened to the public on September 21, 1983.
The solid wood portion of the letter opener handle is 2 ¼" long; the rhodium plated blade is 4" long. Overall length is 7 ¼".
Made in the USA.