Mount Vernon Gourmet Virginia Peanuts
Peanuts were a staple of the colonial diet. In the archives at Mount Vernon, there is a letter dated 1798 from George Washington to his buying agent in which he ordered “Pindars”, another word for peanuts. “Half a bushl. or bushel of the Ground Pease, or Pindars as they are called…”
Virginia peanuts are known for their large size and crunchy texture and have been referred to as the “peanut of the gourmet”. Mount Vernon peanuts are cooked in pure peanut oil to keep them cholesterol-free and to preserve the natural peanut taste.
Try our new Classic Cajun variety!
- Roasted Salted Peanuts with peanut oil and salt
- Honey Roasted Peanuts with sugar, honey, salt, peanut oil, potato starch and cellulose gum
- Peanut Brittle Crunch with milk and soy
- Chocolate Covered Peanuts with milk chocolate, peanut, milk and soy and may contain trace amounts of other tree nuts
- Classic Cajun with classic Cajun spices
- No additives and no preservatives added
- Peanuts grown in southeastern Virginia