In 1771, after shifting from tobacco to wheat as his main cash crop, George Washington erected a new mill along Dogue Run. The innovative farmer-statesman added a wharf and began sending his finely milled flour by ship to Europe and the West Indies.
In 1791, as soon as inventor Oliver Evans patented his milling machinery, Washington invited him to Mount Vernon to install the revolutionary technology in his own mill. Today you can treat yourself to grains that have been stone-ground by water power at George Washington’s Gristmill.
- The 2 pound muslin bag of pancake mix contains corn, wheat, and barley.
- The 2 pound muslin bag of yellow grits contains yellow corn.
- The 2 pound muslin bag of white grits contains white corn.
- The 2 pound muslin bag of yellow cornmeal contains yellow corn.
- The 2 pound muslin bag of white cornmeal contains white corn.
Net weight of each package is 907.2 grams.
Please keep refrigerated as there are no preservatives in the stone-ground Gristmill products.
Please note that these items cannot be shipped internationally.
These products are seasonal.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Check items to add to the cart or select all